Friday, June 1, 2012

Australian Pinot Noir! Yes!!!

So I just had to share. I was flipping through old Food & Wine magazines tonight looking for inspiration for a picnic tomorrow when I came across this old article in the August 2010 issue...

http://www.foodandwine.com/articles/can-australia-make-great-pinot-noir

Photo taken on my visit to Mornington - don't
you just want to while away an afternoon here?
This is about the Mornington Peninsula just south of Melbourne, Australia. I was there in January and actually tasted wine at "10 Minutes by Tractor" - one of the wineries they profile in this article! This one was a particular favorite - for one, it's got to be the coolest name of a winery ever. Second, their Pinot Noir (called 10x) was excellent. And third, the entire region was beautiful - rolling hills, covered in grape vines, dotted with gourmet winery restaurants - and what more could you ask for?

Anyway, I was so excited to see it again I just had to share.

Also, I hear they are starting to import wines from this region to the US - so watch for them. They are known for Pinot grapes - so either Pinot Noir or Pinot Grigio.

1 comment:

  1. I would love to be on that bench right this minute with a glass of Pinot Noir and my knitting!

    ReplyDelete