Saturday, May 12, 2012

And I almost forgot tennis!

How could I forget - it's been quite a week and I was actually watching while typing.

This week was a clay court tournament in Madrid - one of the warm-ups to the French Open. And wow, what a week of upsets! Nadal went out in the 3rd round to fellow Spaniard, Fernando Verdasco. Then Djokovic loses to his countryman, Janko Tipsarevic in the quarters the next day! Interesting - you expected a Spaniard and a Serb to advance - just not the ones who did.

Of course, my man Federer moves on and tomorrow will play in his 104th career final! He will face Tomas Berdych of the Czech Republic - a very tough opponent.

Go FED!

Here's a shot of Verdasco at the Legg Mason here in DC a few years ago. You know I'm a devoted Federer fan, but this guy is NOT hard on the eyes! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment