Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

First, a very Happy New Year and best wishes for an outstanding 2012 to all of you.

I don’t know about you, but my track record for keeping New Years’ resolutions is, well, let’s just say not stellar. So this year I thought a little self-imposed peer pressure might help. I’m posting my resolutions here in hopes that the mere fact that I have made them public might guilt me a little closer to keeping them – or at least making some significant headway.

1) I think I need to spend more quality time with friends in 2012 – so, I’m resolving to host monthly dinner parties. Hopefully this one won’t be too tough since it will be fun!

2) For years I’ve been saying that I need to explore my own region more. I live in such a fascinating place, but sometimes I get so wrapped up in my own schedule and running around that I don’t take advantage. Let 2012 be the year this ends! I’m planning on at least one “local adventure” each month. And you’ll know whether I keep this one because of course I plan to blog about my adventures!

3) 2011 was a good year for my recently acquired running habit, but 2012 can be even better. I’m resolving to increase a bit and run over 500 miles in 2012. Better get going!

4) And finally, I want to continue and increase my writing – both personally and professionally. So I’m resolving to write something every day in 2012. Don’t worry, this does NOT mean daily blog posts – but between blog and article ideas, professional writing, etc. I want to scrawl something down each day.
So, there they are – hold me to it, friends!

Good luck with your own resolutions and once again HAPPY NEW YEAR!

No comments:

Post a Comment